Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Catching up

Well - it's been awhile since I posted. Not for lack of trying, however. I did make one attempt, but gave up in a fit of frustration when my infuriating computer froze.
Let's see...
I'd always heard that new moms suffered from absentmindedness. I never thought it would happen to me though (why do we always think we are immune to such things?!).
But no. It has happened to me.
Case in point: I woke up a couple of Tuesdays ago and thought it was another typical day. I meandered down to the computer to check my email only to discover that it was THIS Tuesday that I had scheduled a 9:00 am meeting with a client at my office. That is 25 minutes away on a good day. It was 8:53. I managed to make it to the office ahead of the client (who, fortunately for me, got stuck in our wonderful Seattle traffic.)
And this: I have done not one, but TWO loads of laundry without soap. What is up with that?
And lastly: I went to the store and had to get some conditioner. I spent the necessary 5 minutes debating cost versus quality before I finally made my selection. It was a week later before I realized that I had purchased shampoo.

Here is a picture as a distraction:

She's laughing at her absentminded mom.

Yesterday Samantha was 16 weeks old. In that short period of time she has been down to Long Beach, Wa twice. Has gone out to (watch her parents) eat more times than I can count. Has gone to Leavenworth. And has seen three movies (Elizabethtown, Dreamer, and Rent) and has been to two plays! Quite the social butterfly already.

The first play she saw was actually a musical - she went to her here dad play in the orchestra of Cats! She seemed to enjoy it - staying awake longer than I would have expected. At one point, however, I was grateful that we were sitting in the cry-room. The next theater didn't have one of those so David had to rush her out to the lobby when we went to see Midsummer's Night Dream at my old high school. But I wouldn't have missed that production for the world. My good friend Sarah and I performed in that play our senior year under the wonderful directorship of my favorite teacher Mac. I had to introduce Sam to Mac! If only I had brought our camera. That is the second time that Sarah and I have returned to see Dream in the (ack!) seventeen years since we performed it.

We had a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving week. David, Sam and I went to down to Long Beach and stayed at his parents house for almost an entire week. Bob, Janey and Josh were there, as were Aaron and Ariel (and soon to be Abigal), and to round it all out nicely, my parents also came down! It was so nice. Here are a phew photos:

Sammy's all packed up

Cousins

Table Dancer

(check out her first dollar in her pocket!)


The fam

3 Comments:

Blogger McDood said...

Well,

It seems that your absent-mindedness has invaded your spelling capabilities too! But that doesn't detract from your lovely report on our lives and loves--it merely adds to it!

Thanks, Steph!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Middle America Mom said...

I enjoyed the creative spelling that you had:> Thanks for the update. I've been in McBryders withdrawals for the past couple of weeks. It sounds like you guys are settling (sp?) down into a nice family -- and having a good time doing it. I'm so happy for you.

Steph - My memory hasn't been the same since R was born. It kills me! I loved your conditioner/shampoo story. I've done that before too...except, I didn't realize it until AFTER the whole bottle was gone and I looked at the lable to replace it. LOL. It makes me wonder about the necessity of conditioner??!!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger CaliforniaGrammy said...

It's just that life, as we grow older, is full of distractions . . . but stay cool and hang loose . . . it's more fun that way. I'm glad we can laugh about it now! Great picture of Sammy - it's on the fridge to adore every morning as I reach for the milk.

The conditioner story was priceless . . . I guess we've all done that one!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home