Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Luuucy...

One of my good FLYfriends said she read my blog entry and also found herself wishing she spent more time with others instead of being "in the rut". So we decided I would pack up Sammy and take her over to Laurie's house for the afternoon, just to hang out. It was great! We passed Sam back and forth, had coffee and scones, did some housework and chilled and chatted. I felt like Lucy and Ethel (without the pranks!). :-) I suppose nowadays women get together during the day at places like Starbucks, but it must've been so convenient to have friends right in the same apartment building that were also home in the afternoon!

On a different note: can I just say... 9:30 to 6 am? Woo-hoo. Keep it up Sammy-girl!

4 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaGrammy said...

It's great to have friends that you can just hang out with. Being a working mom I didn't have that opportunity, I'm glad you do (for now anyway). Sammy - you're such a trooper sleeping 9:30 to 6 - why that's totally awesome! WooooHoooo is right!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Middle America Mom said...

Woo Hoo is right! Good job Sammy. So steph, which one of you is Lucy and which is Ethel???

5:00 PM  
Blogger jennavar said...

What a fun description. I love Lucy and Ethel! It is good to get out and have great adult friend conversation. Yummy scones and coffee. I want to come!! I would love a good scones recipe.

Wow, I think Sammy likes visiting friends too. It tuckered her out and what a nice gift to have that full nights sleep. I remember when those nights finally came. At first though, I was always getting up and checking on the baby to make sure everything was alright because I was used to getting up but eventually I was able to rest too.

6:12 PM  
Blogger SeattleS said...

Thank you for all of your comments! I love seeing who's checking in! :-)
Hmmm. Lucy or Ethel. That is a good Cosmo quiz question. All I can say is that I can only aspire to be Lucy!
Laurie, you and I will have to work harder getting into trouble, eh?! ;->

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home