Saturday, October 29, 2005

First week back

I did it. I went back to work and survived. In fact, a large part of me actually enjoyed it.
Even better was that David survived and seemed to enjoy being Mr. Mom. It certainly warms the heart to come home and see the toothless grin when Sam recognizes that I have returned!

Grandma and Grandpa R have returned from their month long RV odyssey. Yeah! It is strangly desolate when they are gone - we can't exchange waves from the kitchen windows. We are all glad that they have come back safely. And I know that they are happy to see Sam again.

Aargh. I have the absolute WORST time writing thank you cards in a timely manner. We did a pretty good job getting all of the cards out for gifts that came before Sam did, but so many people have given us things since then. To anyone reading - Thank you! Thank you! I haven't forgotten you and your wonderful gifts - I just haven't gotten to the actual task of writing the cards! They are coming...I promise!
Speaking of gifts, check out the Marilyn Monroe bathrobe:

What a little diva, eh?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow - my sister in law, niece and I were all pregnant at the same time. Tomorrow we are all getting the little ones together for the first time. Also Grandma and Grandpa M will be there, as well as David's older sister, Kay. We are hoping to see our other niece (and nephew) since she is pregnant also. It's crazy - David's side of the family hasn't had a child in 20 years and now all of a sudden there are four babies! We are having a potluck, so David and I will make one of our new favorite recipes: curry and coconut veggies over rice.

One last note - I have heard that people are having a hard time posting comments. So I thought I would give a little lesson:

Click on Post Comment.
Type your comment.
Click on the "No Blogger Account? Sign up here".
Choose a user name, create a password and then re-type it, Choose a Display name (what will appear when you leave a comment), then type your email address and click on the "I accept terms" box.
Click on the continue button. This is where is looks like you have to create a blog, you don't. Go ahead and X out of this screen (close the window). You can now hit Login and Publish using the User name and password you just set up. (Or hit Preview first to see how it will look. You can see that your Display name shows up - not your user name (unless you made them the same!)).

Viola!

2 Comments:

Blogger jennavar said...

Yeah!!! I'm glad you survived your first week back to work! I'm also glad that David is enjoying being Mr. Mom. It's so nice that you are able to have that arrangement.

We had such a wonderful visit with Aunt S and Uncle R. (Our ancestors... hee hee) What a nice surprise. All of us really enjoyed it and I will blog soon with pictures. Time seems to be really flying by right now.

Oh my goodness, you are sooooo much better at Thank You cards than I ever have been!!

I LOVE the little diva robe. It looks so comfy and she is so pretty in pink.

Can't wait to hear about her first Halloween. Please post more pics.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Middle America Mom said...

Congrats to you on surviving a week at work. Congrats to David for surviving your first week at work! You guys are doing FABulous!

And the diva robe? even more FABulous!!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home