Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another Tuesday: 10 weeks

It's shaping up to be a nice night. We are listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash and making homemade goat cheese and scallion ravioli. mmmmm... We just got back from visiting Grandma R. (Bringing Sam along certainly helps with the conversation!) I'm going to start a fire and we'll play some yahtzee after dinner. A wonderful recipe for a cozy fall night.

The last few days have been fun sprinkled with drops of doctor and dental appointments. We are knocking the appointments off the list (but how come one visit begets two more? Now I remember why I always put off going to the doctor!). Samantha has grown another inch - now at 23 inches and 12 and a half pounds at her two month visit. Guess we don't have to worry about my "supply" - she is still in the 75th-90th percentile of growth.

Sunday we went to another brunch with the same group of friends that gave us our last "child-free" brunch back in July. Sammy did great - she was passed around to each person and Richard was the lucky guy who put her to sleep! (And I was able to have the vanilla French toast with marscapone this time - no more GD!!)

After that I took Sam to a housewarming party. The house belongs to my buddy from the pre-natal yoga class. She is due at the end of November. So exciting! What a nice house they have. And the nursery is all nice and tidy :-)

Monday started with two appointments - a chiro and taking the car in. After dropping a wad of cash at the car place we went over to the cousin's house for our Monday night visit. Yummy sloppy joes!

Janey and I took the cousins to go see Elizabethtown at the Reelmoms showing this morning at a local movie theater. How cool! A theater full of moms and their infants. No need to worry about fussiness cuz we were all in the same boat.
Oh yeah - Janey and I hit Value Village during our Monday visit. All I can say is stayed tuned for Hallowe'en...

3 Comments:

Blogger jennavar said...

I bet your house smells so good with that yummy food and the cozy fire... very nice. I LOVE Fall! Good for you getting those appointments knocked off. I need to make a list of appointments too.

That movie gig sounds like a lot of fun. We don't have that out here. You lucky head! I love getting together with other moms. It is indeed a special club.

Also I do have to say that the french toast with marscapone sounds delicious. It sure is amazing how being able to eat without interruptions is such a blessing. Another one of those things that you take for granted when you don't have kids :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Middle America Mom said...

Ohmygosh! I LOVE goat cheese and I LOVE ravioli! What a nice cozy dinner. That movie thang sounds good -- we had a place like that in No Cal, but never manage to make it on "parent's night". Glad you partook :>

4:30 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaGrammy said...

Okay . . . I'm gonna take a guess - Value Village had an adorable Pumpkin costume for Sammy's first Halloween . . . how close am I? What a fun day/week you're having and that French Toast sounds oh-so-yummy! Actually the home-made raviolis sounds delicious too! All I can say about the mom's night at the movies is that it's definitely a thing to do when you're young . . . actually I CAN remember being your age and that would have been a really fun thing to do THEN! We;re heading south to see family, then to Michigan to see the Smith family and back to visit with the Varner-party-of-five! Can't wait - I miss them all very much!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home