Monday, September 01, 2008

Blog Post # 2 for Today!

Playing catch up:
Way back at the end of June, we had a fabulously fun-filled day. We started out the morning at Sammy's cousin's birthday party at the park and then Sammy and I drove up north to go to our friend's party by the lake. Lots of fun and lots of cake was had that day.

The hula hoops were a huge hit:
It was cute going to Rachel's party. Sammy was the only one under seven or so. I think she was in heaven with all the big kids. And the big kids were very kind to include Sammy. Especially Rachel. What a sweetie. Check out where Sammy sat herself. Right next to the center of attention. That's our Leo. I guess I don't need to worry about self-confidence...at this age, at least.
The next big event was the Fourth of July. Another wonderful time at Andy's place right on Lake Union. I'm not sure how it happened, but the fireworks were completely in view this year, rather than partially hidden behind a rogue tree. It was spectactular. I had such a great time at this party this year. Here's Sammy fixing the keg of beer that David brought.Sammy, "Auntie" Lara and Uncle Tony joined us and Sammy was able to stay up for the entire event. Usually there are other kiddos around, but she was the ONLY one there! And what a trooper she was. It helped that there were tons of people that oozed attention on her. I think watching the fireworks through the first-time eyes of Sammy made the whole events super special.







Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaGrammy said...

My goodness . . . two posts in one day! I'm so proud of you - thanks! That little Samantha wastes no time in having fun.Is that "Auntie" Lara standing with Tony and Sammy in the last picture? If it is, she's adorable. And just how serious is he with "Auntie" Lara? Auntie Janice wants to know!

8:29 PM  
Blogger SeattleS said...

Oh! Ha!
Lara and Tony are not "together", though looking back on my post I can see how that may have been construed!
We have called my friend Lara "Auntie Lara" since Sammy was born. Hee hee!
Yeah - I still have some serious blog catch up to do! :-) Including reading your blogs...
I was SOOOO bummed when i heard you were coming up when both my family and my parents are going to be gone. Dang it - no way to reschedule, eh?

4:43 PM  
Blogger jennavar said...

Darling pictures. What a ham that lil' Sam Sam is! That funny face she is making reminds me of you! I miss you guys and really hope to see you soon!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home